KentCarClub.co.uk

Discussions for Kent Car Club members
It is currently Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 pm 
4th Gear

One of a Kind MK1 GTO for sale. 8700 miles from NEW

Never thought I would do this...and especially this soon, but up for grabs is a VERY special MK1 GTO Twin Turbo with a GENUINE 8676 miles from new.

I bought the car from a Adrian (spadie) who imported it himself in 2008, when it arrived in the UK it had a total 9800 KM's on the clock with full Jap paperwork to prove. The speedo was professionally changed to MPH showing a fraction over 6000 miles. The owner was a total purist who kept the car in a heated garage on a built raised wooden laminate floor. The day I bought it speedo was reading 8674 miles, after a very brief test drive she now stands in storage at work with 1 extra mile on the clock

He gave me all the paperwork and documents from Japan including Japanese service history, ORIGINAL Japanese owners hand book (never ever seen one!), PDI inspection sheets and Japanese paintwork inspections for warranty. It still has the Japanese paper tag on the keys from the auction

The car itself is 100% bone stock as it left the factory floor with the only things being changed are air filter, BOV ,fuel rail loop and radio. He did however give me the factory parts he removed which have now all been refitted.

The car is absolutely as fresh as you could expect and genuinely still has the 'new car' smell. Paint work is the reddest of red I have ever seen on a GTO and has just a few minor marks as expected of a 22year old car.

as you may have noticed the car still has the original dealer stick on the rear bumper, a friend of a friend is currently teaching English in Japan and he translated the sticker for me...It is indeed the supplying dealers sticker which is Oota Mitsubishi, in Tokyo, Japan. I then traced the cars movements via the service sheets where I worked out how to read each dealers site code

24th Sept 1991.. Bought brand new from Oota Mitsubishi , Tokyo, Japan
22nd Sept 1994.. 2819 Km's service at Shinagawa Mitsubishi, Tokyo , Japan
19th Nov 1997.. 3601Km's service at Fijimidai Mitsubishi, Tokyo, Japan
5th Sept 2003.. 7751km's service (cant work out dealership number)
19th Nov 2005.. 8326km's service at Oota Mitsubishi. Tokyo, Japan
10th Nov 2007.. 9400km's service at Oota Mitsubishi, Tokyo, Japan

As you can see it did next too no miles between services in Japan.

The UK history is as follows after km's were converted too the equivalent miles

11th July 2008 6300 miles, Arrived in the UK
23rd June 2009 7892 miles, MOT test
19th April 2011 8089 miles, MOT test
17th April 2013 8274 miles, MOT test

Current mileage as of today is 8675 miles = an average of 394 miles a YEAR, or 32 miles a month

I managed to trace the cars original registration number including the correct series number and region of registration symbols

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-GT ... 2336682a62

Listing for a Friend asking £9999 for it. As you can Imagine this is Showroom condition!!!

Post subject: -
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:46 am 
Spectator

hi just woundering if any one has every had there car moped.. my local garage does this for about 50/90 pounds depending on the size of car.. can you see the difference after your car has been moped ,or is it not worth doing..
cheers

Attachments:
36.gif
36.gif [ 9.85 KiB | Viewed 564 times ]