KentCarClub.co.uk

Discussions for Kent Car Club members
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Photos of my MR2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 am 
5th Gear

Hey all!

As requested, heres a few photos of my Roadster... taken on a road trip to wales last year! :)

Got some front spats that i've to get sprayed and fitted to the front to "beef" it up a bit more, but as she stands...

Ignored the sat nav and ended up with 2 hours of tiny "roads" as you can see, twisting and urn through the welsh back country... BLISS!!! :)

Finally at Bala...

Hoping to get the spats fitted, audio install and new calipers/discs + 30mm drop this year! Preferably before the summers in!!!! :o

Post subject: Re: Photos of my MR2
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:09 am 
5th Gear

I've not seen an MR2 MK3 of that colour before but those photos look very nice!! The car looks like it's being looked after too which is nice.

Is the car entirely stock or have you had some extra bits added (I see the roll bar behind the seats so any other similar work done out of view?).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:30 am 
Overdrive

gazz wrote:
I've not seen an MR2 MK3 of that colour before but those photos look very nice!! The car looks like it's being looked after too which is nice.

Is the car entirely stock or have you had some extra bits added (I see the roll bar behind the seats so any other similar work done out of view?).

As Gazz said I have also not seen a MK3 in this colour, it is not a obvious colour. I only say that because most of the Mk3 I have seen, have been, red, white, yellow or blue.
I like your colour it makes the car looked more solid.

Don't apologise about the Satnav it is part of everyday driving now, we did a 500 mile run last year through French B road's, could not have done it without one.

Nice pictures

Are you coming along to March Sunrise run, and May BHP Show
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:26 pm 
5th Gear

Think they only made the roadsters in sable grey on '03 plates onward! In the sunlight it looks to have specks of a bronzy colour in. hence not many being about I guess!!

Got rear bumper extensions, skirts fitted - with the fronts left to go on. Got the twin tte exhausts. Cars full of factory optional extras.

Definately attending the sunrise run! Think it's an awesome idea - I'm also a member of mr2roc and they have Members from Kent. If it's cool with you guys do you mind if I mention your site for the guys living in Kent who are interested?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:09 pm 
Overdrive

JiMR2 wrote:
Think they only made the roadsters in sable grey on '03 plates onward! In the sunlight it looks to have specks of a bronzy colour in. hence not many being about I guess!!

Got rear bumper extensions, skirts fitted - with the fronts left to go on. Got the twin tte exhausts. Cars full of factory optional extras.

Definately attending the sunrise run! Think it's an awesome idea - I'm also a member of mr2roc and they have Members from Kent. If it's cool with you guys do you mind if I mention your site for the guys living in Kent who are interested?

Several of us are members of: MR2oc, two-brutal, IMOC, Piston Head and KC-oc, just to name a few clubs

lots of people belong to several clubs to get different benefits. Kent Car Club wants to work with other clubs to jointly promote interest that will be beneficial to members of both clubs.

You may need to tread carefully about posting information about another club on their website (no matter who the club is)
It might be taken that you are trying to draw members away.
I know your intentions are good, but sometimes good intentions are read wrong. I support all clubs that I mentioned above, as they have all contributed one way or another to my car projects.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 pm 
5th Gear

Good point Michael... hadn't considered that view point!

I'll refrain from posting anything on the MR2 ROC - dont want to upset any one :oops: Sorry!

Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:27 pm 
Overdrive

JiMR2 wrote:
Good point Michael... hadn't considered that view point!

I'll refrain from posting anything on the MR2 ROC - dont want to upset any one :oops: Sorry!

Thanks for the heads up!

Please feel free to invite members of the mr2roc Club to the Sunrise event. We will make them welcome and we will tried to support "them" in any future club events.
We do have several other clubs joining us on the Kent Car Club BHP stand in May, if the mr2roc Club want to join us on the stand please PM me.

It might be a good idea for you to PM one of the MR2ROC moderators and pass the invitation on Image

Please do not say sorry, you have not done anything wrong, your intentions are good. :)

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:34 pm 
5th Gear

Just a note to agree with that Top Gear is saying here. We're all petrol heads who just want to enjoy our cars at the end of the day.

I would be supprised if people were not signed up to at least one other car club alongside this one, that being their particular car manufacturer / model owners club.

Hopefully we are able to provide something on the local level that other national clubs may be less well equipt to do and through that be a bit more responsive, and receptive to ideas for helping each other out.

I think it was Kouki Monster who said once that this club is more about making friends with like minded people in the local area to just have a bit of fun with rather than the larger clubs that have a different emphesis on things. To me that is a great way to put it. 8-)