KentCarClub.co.uk

Discussions for Kent Car Club members
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 12:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Drivers and passengers of all cars attending any event organised by Kent Car Club.co.uk or any members of Kent Car Club.co.uk must agree to the following conditions and disclaimer of liability before signing up to an activity or attending any activity or event. The driver or drivers must be insured for the vehicle they are driving or in charge of at any event or activity. All vehicles must have a current MOT and a road fund licence that is valid for 24 hours after the event or activity has finished. All drivers of any vehicles attending any activities or events must hold a full UK driving licence and must not be disqualified for any reason from driving. Any driver with more than six points on their driving licence must make the organisers of the event aware of their penalties. All drivers and passengers attending any event or activity do so at their own risk and will not hold any member of the Kent Car Club.co.uk or any organisers from the Kent car club.co.uk responsible for any losses, damages or injury. All drivers of any vehicles attending any events must abide by the Highway Code and not exceed any road speed limits. Kent Car Club.co.uk will not be held responsible for any losses, damage or injuries whatsoever that may be connected to an event or activity that has been organised by any member or organiser of Kent Car Club.co.uk. By signing up to any event or posting a username or an alias that relates to you personally you have agreed to abide by the above terms and conditions and will not hold Kent Car Club.co.uk responsible for any liabilities. If you do not agree to the above terms and conditions you must not attend any event or activity organised by the Kent Car Club.co.uk. By setting out the above terms and conditions Kent Car Club.co.uk have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of people and property.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:00 am 
5th Gear

The next club event organised by myself will take place on Sunday 6th June.

So here are the details as they stand at the moment:

Date: Sunday 6th June
Start Time: 10:00am
End Time: 1:30pm
Start Location: M20 – Junction 8
End Location: Pilot Inn, Lydd

Depending on numbers I will require someone to take at least a 2nd convoy of cars if 10 or more people join up for this event. This event will be of a brisk pace taking in some of the best roads Kent has to offer and I hope there is a good turn out!

If you are interested please add your name to the following:

Kent Car Club
1. Gazz
2. JiMR2
3. Ash-GT
4. Top Gear
5. Azzer

Pistonheads
1. Stumpy67 - Audi RS4
2. Zakelwe .. Aygo
3. M-Ster (?)
4. Huggs92 and friends(?)

Last edited by gazz on Thu May 13, 2010 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:03 pm 
5th Gear

Put my name down

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:12 pm 
2nd Gear

sunday 7th march?

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:42 pm 
Overdrive

chrisw wrote:
sunday 7th march?

Gazz.... March, that's early planning for next year, :lol: :lol:

I think he means June

:D

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:57 pm 
5th Gear

Copy and paste error from last event, trying to save time and in doing so messed up.

So yes indeed! 6th June for 10am at the M20 services just outside Maidstone. Everyone is invited and I anticipate reasonable numbers. The pace will be fast but not a full on 'hoon'...

It should be enjoyable with a bit of banter at each end of the drive taking in some of the best roads of Kent and Sussex ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:14 pm 
Overdrive

Gazz is this a multi-club event?

If so which clubs have been invited?

If it looks like we are going to get more than 25 confirmed cars, I might try and arrange something special at the start.

The Club will put up £30 prize money for the best two presented cars and we will also do something for the best runner-up.

Michael

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:31 am 
5th Gear

I can put out the word to other clubs. It's already been posted on pistonheads and I'll send out a few messages to some of the other clubs in the area (kc-oc for one).

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to spread the word, just link me to where you have posted the event so I can keep track of the number of cars attending. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:11 am 
Overdrive

gazz wrote:
I can put out the word to other clubs. It's already been posted on pistonheads and I'll send out a few messages to some of the other clubs in the area (kc-oc for one).

If anyone has any other suggestions feel free to spread the word, just link me to where you have posted the event so I can keep track of the number of cars attending. 8-)

ScottieSRI I am sure he would like to involve some of his friends, I never got a chance to get down and speak to him at the show. He did manage to get time to come up to the club stand and have a chat.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:06 pm 
5th Gear

Anyone else interested, seems to be a really slow uptake on this one... 8-)

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:49 pm 
5th Gear

I'm interested - possibly working that Sunday though :S

Pop my name down as tenative please Gazz! Will have the front/rear struts on by then hopefully so would be good to test them - and my confidence out!