KentCarClub.co.uk

Discussions for Kent Car Club members
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Drivers and passengers of all cars attending any event organised by Kent Car Club.co.uk or any members of Kent Car Club.co.uk must agree to the following conditions and disclaimer of liability before signing up to an activity or attending any activity or event. The driver or drivers must be insured for the vehicle they are driving or in charge of at any event or activity. All vehicles must have a current MOT and a road fund licence that is valid for 24 hours after the event or activity has finished. All drivers of any vehicles attending any activities or events must hold a full UK driving licence and must not be disqualified for any reason from driving. Any driver with more than six points on their driving licence must make the organisers of the event aware of their penalties. All drivers and passengers attending any event or activity do so at their own risk and will not hold any member of the Kent Car Club.co.uk or any organisers from the Kent car club.co.uk responsible for any losses, damages or injury. All drivers of any vehicles attending any events must abide by the Highway Code and not exceed any road speed limits. Kent Car Club.co.uk will not be held responsible for any losses, damage or injuries whatsoever that may be connected to an event or activity that has been organised by any member or organiser of Kent Car Club.co.uk. By signing up to any event or posting a username or an alias that relates to you personally you have agreed to abide by the above terms and conditions and will not hold Kent Car Club.co.uk responsible for any liabilities. If you do not agree to the above terms and conditions you must not attend any event or activity organised by the Kent Car Club.co.uk. By setting out the above terms and conditions Kent Car Club.co.uk have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of people and property.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 am 
Overdrive

gaz_evo6 wrote:
i'll be passing in the truck about 1030 pm on my way to aylesford so wont be able to make it

Hope you can make the next one with one of your fantastic cars.

Going to have a meeting every other month (about six a year) we will post all of the dates up shortly after the first meeting on 21 October

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:35 am 
1st Gear

Hope you guys don't mind, but I've invited people from Celica Club UK (CCUK) to join us. I'll get pester them to sign up here too.

I realised that I know about 8 people with performance Jap cars, and I'll bug them to join the club eventually too!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:47 am 
Overdrive

Coby wrote:
Hope you guys don't mind, but I've invited people from Celica Club UK (CCUK) to join us. I'll get pester them to sign up here too.

I realised that I know about 8 people with performance Jap cars, and I'll bug them to join the club eventually too!

A really good idea, that is the whole idea of Kent Car Club. Work with other clubs, talk about cars, share information and have some fun.

Last year we had members from 5 different Clubs on the Kent Car Club stand at the BHP Show. Considering it was our first show it went quite well, apart from the weather. This year we will be having a Marquee put up for us the day before, refreshments, some substantial prizes for show & shine and project cars.
The other amazing thing is that all Kent Car Club members get everything including entry at the BHP Show free(if their cars are on the Kent Car Club area/stand)

2010 BHP viewtopic.php?f=23&t=212

2011 BHP :D viewtopic.php?f=22&t=88&start=250

Everyone is welcome on the 21st, and the same goes for "Meet & Runs"

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:56 pm 
5th Gear

More the merrier I say - it's all about meeting like-minded petrolheads and just meeting new people with a similar interest. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:58 pm 
Highly Active Member

Hi everyone

My name is Lee and I'm a member of Celica-Club.co.uk. Coby invited a few of us along to this meet. I hoping that I'll be able to pop down to say hi, as its only a few miles down the road from me (Walderslade).

I have a Gen 7 2002 Celica which was converted from a 140BHP VVTi to a 190 VVTLi Supercharged engine currently running 312BHP (until mid November that is).

So fingers crossed I'll be able to come down with a couple of other Celica members.

email & Facebook: edwardio@hotmail.com

Next Meet:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:39 pm 
2nd Gear

Michael, if its a saturday or a sunday i can usually get to them unless we have been out late on a saturday. we will be able to bring the scooby and the evo to shows but only the evo or arosa to runs out

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:40 pm 
Overdrive

edwardio wrote:
Hi everyone

My name is Lee and I'm a member of Celica-Club.co.uk. Coby invited a few of us along to this meet. I hoping that I'll be able to pop down to say hi, as its only a few miles down the road from me (Walderslade).

I have a Gen 7 2002 Celica which was converted from a 140BHP VVTi to a 190 VVTLi Supercharged engine currently running 312BHP (until mid November that is).

So fingers crossed I'll be able to come down with a couple of other Celica members.

Glad you can come along and everyone is welcome

1) Top Gear
2) Gazz
3) Kouki Monster
4) andyroo104
5) JiMR2
6) Ash-GT
7) Coby
8) Jetskidavid
9) WayneCivic
10) edwardio
11)
12)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:00 pm 
Overdrive

gaz_evo6 wrote:
Michael, if its a saturday or a sunday i can usually get to them unless we have been out late on a saturday. we will be able to bring the scooby and the evo to shows but only the evo or arosa to runs out

Hi mate

Going to run social evenings every other month. This one is on a Thursday, so we should do the next one on a weekend. This way it gives everyone a chance to attend.

So far next year I am planning stands at;

Lydden circuit, The opening European Rallycross, Kent Car Club: Show & shine competition

Lydden circuit, The BHP show, Kent Car Club: Show & Shine, Best performance car, Best trade car, Best project car, competition

Brands Hatch

Jap Show

Brands Hatch

Photography, Show & shine , best photograph in conjunction with Ashford Photography Society competition.

I am sure Gazz and a couple of other members will put some exciting " Meet and Runs" together throughout the year.

It looks like we have something for everyone coming up

Michael

Ps. French trip if anyone is interested

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:44 am 
5th Gear

All my events are tied up until I get another car or have the money to do the general work needed on my current car so until then all driving events organised by myself are off the cards. I think this year has been really poor for 'Kent Runs' and I really do apologise to all for this.

I will really start looking to next year to make sure there are frequent events throughout Spring/Summer as I don't see my personal situation improving massively over the winter months. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:51 am 
1st Gear

Hi guys,

I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to make it now. The car was parked up at Tesco yesterday, we got back from our shopping to find this:

The damage was bad enough that the wheel arch was touching the tyre and we had to wait a couple of hours for RAC to come out. The guy managed to pull the dent out enough and followed us home. At which point I swiftly poured myself a large cognac!

I'll have a look at it this evening and decide whether I want to drive it to the meet on Thursday. Just my luck, we've had the car 3 months, and I've done maybe 200 miles in it!

But on the other hand, we were very lucky that they left a number and were very nice and pleasant about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next