KentCarClub.co.uk

Discussions for Kent Car Club members
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Drivers and passengers of all cars attending any event organised by Kent Car Club.co.uk or any members of Kent Car Club.co.uk must agree to the following conditions and disclaimer of liability before signing up to an activity or attending any activity or event. The driver or drivers must be insured for the vehicle they are driving or in charge of at any event or activity. All vehicles must have a current MOT and a road fund licence that is valid for 24 hours after the event or activity has finished. All drivers of any vehicles attending any activities or events must hold a full UK driving licence and must not be disqualified for any reason from driving. Any driver with more than six points on their driving licence must make the organisers of the event aware of their penalties. All drivers and passengers attending any event or activity do so at their own risk and will not hold any member of the Kent Car Club.co.uk or any organisers from the Kent car club.co.uk responsible for any losses, damages or injury. All drivers of any vehicles attending any events must abide by the Highway Code and not exceed any road speed limits. Kent Car Club.co.uk will not be held responsible for any losses, damage or injuries whatsoever that may be connected to an event or activity that has been organised by any member or organiser of Kent Car Club.co.uk. By signing up to any event or posting a username or an alias that relates to you personally you have agreed to abide by the above terms and conditions and will not hold Kent Car Club.co.uk responsible for any liabilities. If you do not agree to the above terms and conditions you must not attend any event or activity organised by the Kent Car Club.co.uk. By setting out the above terms and conditions Kent Car Club.co.uk have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of people and property.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:08 pm 
5th Gear

As we've now got a good number of people signed up we're looking to hold our first club event on Sunday 6th December.

Date: Sunday 13th December
Time: 10:00am
Starting Location: Ivy Lane Car Park - Central Canterbury
End Location: Tiger Inn - Ashford

The format will be a 1 - 2 hour drive on some of the better roads of Kent at a leaisurely pace, driving to the weather conditions but the main purpose is so we can all meet and discuss where we want the club to go from this point onwards in terms of both events and our website.

If the 6th is a bad day for anyone, please post up alternative dates - given the poor weather at this time of year. Hopefully we will get some reasonable photos of club cars too for posting across the new website.

1. Gazz
2. Top Gear
3. Tom.H
4. ayresyboy
5. GingerWizard (Pistonheads)
6. KingRichard (Pistonheads)
7. Red Devil (Pistonheads & 50/50 if attending due to Xmas party the night before)

Even if you read this and have yet to sign up, feel free to come along anyway - we are a friendly bunch and we do not anticipate a large turn out given the time of year. All we ask is that you arrive in a Japanese import car of some description to go along with the car club theme.

Last edited by gazz on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:28 am 
Highly Active Member

hope to attend this, i'm at college in birmingham either side of that weekend but plan in being home for the weekend :)

MR2 GT-S
MR2 Roadster

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:39 pm 
Overdrive

I have a slight problem attending this as I do not land back in England until the 7th.

However I think it is very important that this goes ahead as we need to get things moving. Even if only 4 or 5 cars turn up it is a beginning, and that is what we need

We need to get some regular meetings of all different types including:

Shows (Jap-shows, BHP show and other different types like the Top Gear MPH show in London)

Meet and runs (at weekends and on summer evenings)

Trips abroad (day trips, single overnight stays, and long weekends)

I personally prefer the combination of "meet and run", but after attending some static shows I realise the value of them. I am quite happy to arrange several throughout the year.
I hope that you go ahead with the meeting on 6 December and I also think you should invite some other members from different clubs, as Kent Car Club is also about working with other clubs.

Do you think a £50 Halfords gift voucher for the best present car would help boost the first couple of meetings?

Michael

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:11 pm 
Highly Active Member

i can't make this, i have already got plans and i have to head off back to birmingham defo want to meet up tho :)

MR2 GT-S
MR2 Roadster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:38 am 
5th Gear

Tom: Can you list some dates that you can make as you've been rather active on the forum so it would be nice to arrange a date when you can make it too - I don't mind moving the date as long as it allows at least a weeks notice for the event to run...

My only concern is that it might be a tad too close to Christmas the following week - just a bit worried that I'll be only person who turns up on the 6th, as long as there is more than just myself this will be worth doing however. :D

This should be seen as more of an attempt to get people to meet up face-to-face for the first time rather than for the drive given the time of year it will be at a very pedestrian pace for anyone who may be concerned with the cold and damp roads. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:27 pm 
Highly Active Member

12th, 13th december any good?? :)

MR2 GT-S
MR2 Roadster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:58 pm 
Overdrive

Tom.H wrote:
12th, 13th december any good?? :)

:D I can do the 12th, 13th of December
Quote:
This should be seen as more of an attempt to get people to meet up face-to-face for the first time rather than for the drive given the time of year it will be at a very pedestrian pace for anyone who may be concerned with the cold and damp roads.

If this is the case could I be excused on this occasion only and bring a non-Japanese car,it will be a two seater :oops:

Last edited by Top Gear on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:42 pm 
5th Gear

I will be working that weekend,sorry guys. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:38 am 
5th Gear

The 13th sounds good to me so will flag that up as the date for the event to take place - at least we have at least 3 people attending now instead of just me on my own. :lol:

1. Gazz
2. Top gear
3. Tom.H

Andy: sure you can't get the day off and work another day to make up for it ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 pm 
1st Gear

Can't make this one, we're christening our Grandson that day,

I'd got excited about coming down to see you all and the wife went Errr No!

I know where I'd rather be... instead I'm going to be stuck in church.